I think this would be great.  We could change the forked version to
build against G 1.1 (or later perhaps 1.1.1) JARs to ensure
compatibility.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 8/22/06, Guillaume Nodet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The car-maven-plugin is used as part of the geronimo build in G 1.2.
This plugin is also very usefull to build Geronimo plugins targeted to G
1.1,
but has recently changed in a *slight* incompatible way.

However, I think that:
  * it may be difficult in the future to ensure that a single maven plugin
     will be able to create car files for all past and future version of
Geronimo
  * G 1.1 is out and a minor release is about to go.  I think that it will
benefit
      users to be able to write Geronimo 1.1 plugins wihtout relying on a
      snapshot plugin.

Hence, I propose that the plugin be forked to a new location,
   /devtools/maven-plugin/geronimo-1.x/car-maven-plugin
(any better idea ?)
and that we release this plugin at the same time that the 1.1.1 is out.

Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet