-----------------------

> Btw, looking at the patch, I was wondering if it would be interesting to have a multi-level > correlationId, so that we could trace the exchange to its "parent" exchange and from
> the parent to the grand-parent and so forth...

Hi,

Sorry to drag out an old email, but I was wondering if the proposition
above made it into the code ?

It would be quite useful to have ...

(as I see it when a new correlationid is added into the properties of an
exchange which already has one, another property records the
parentcorrelationid ... )

Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your reply.
Not yet.  Would you mind raising another issue for that ?
Sure.
If you have any time to write a patch ... ;)
well, i could try, but I'm not sure if I know my way around the code well enough.

I get the impression that the servicemix-bpe component is not using the latest ode code - however, as it is today, this component *doesn't* seem to be sticking the correlationID, into exchanges it is making. This would be useful here too. I guess this will also be a problem with any non-servicemix components too :) ? servicemix-bpe also doesn't add the senderEndpoint as a property into the exchanges it makes.

I'm currently looking at the audit component, and knowing the senderEndpoint is important to know the initiator of an exchange (?), or can I find this out some other way ... (?)

correlationId and senderEndpoint seem generally useful things to ship around in MessageExchanges. Is this the sort of thing JBI should specify I wonder ... ?

Roger

ps. the SVN trunk doesn't seem to build the core module at the moment.

?

thanks,

Roger