Only a very light load from a few browsers. One thing to try is to increase the number of SLSBs in the pool.

Can you add

                <session>
                    <ejb-name>TradeJDBC</ejb-name>
                    <jndi-name>ejb/TradeJDBC</jndi-name>
                    <cache-size>100</cache-size>
                </session>

to your plan and redeploy. I added some support for multiple SLSBs in a pool for 1.2 which we did not have before. This will hopefully make it better and not worse :)