Moving discussion to the DISCUSS thread...

On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:45 PM, Lin Sun wrote:
Hi Matt, it is not obvious to me which one is the binary?

Basically, almost everything has been marked as -src, which indicated source. geronimo-2.0-rc1.tar.gz is the only candidate but that is 360MB (I expect our server is around 60MB).

Hi Lin,
geronimo-2.0-rc1.tar.gz contains all artifacts that are part of the release. This includes all of the "binaries" (i.e. the assemblies), as well as the component jar files, source files, etc.

You can download the assemblies from here -- http://people.apache.org/ ~hogstrom/geronimo-2.0-rc1/geronimo-2.0/org/apache/geronimo/assemblies/