On Aug 29, 2007, at 6:12 PM, Karan Malhi wrote:

Or maybe in one of the very first  OpenEJB methods called by Geronimo
to start openejb in embedded mode we could add some code like
System.setProperty("openejb.logging","external");

the first time the Logger class is loaded, we check for this property
and if it has a value of external, then we do not use
embedded.logging.properties otherwise we assume our default strategy.

Sounds like that's the way to go. Just check for "don't configure logging" and follow those orders if it's set. Let's make the property be true/false. Maybe "openejb.logging.external=true" or something similar.

-David