FWIW, I followed the "Use Staging Site" instructions and used update
manager's staging_site to download tomcat version on windows. The
server and the admin console started fine. I got download urls for
various parts from ant build file at
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/RC2/build.xml

Thanks
Anita

--- Ted Kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tim and I have been working hard on getting the "Download and
> Install"
> function to work to download a server for the eclipse update site and
> install it your machine.  The stablest level on which we have found
> this to work is WTP2.0.1RC1.  Other minor issues/problems occur at
> lower WTP levels.  Running and debugging the plugin in eclipse has
> been tedious and buggy.  I would vote -99 for releasing the plugin on
> any level less than WTP2.0.1RC1.  I have been frustrated to not be
> able to work on other things because of these issues.  You may well
> judge that I am unduly focused on these issues.  I am glad that you
> and others have success with the plugin and various enhancements.  I
> am certainly disappointed in WTP2.0.x at this point.  What level of
> WTP are you using?  The WTP 2.0.1 release schedule is here:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Release_2.0.1_Schedule, and calls for a
> 9/28 GA.  I am good with an Apache Geronimo Eclipse plugin GA running
> with WTP2.0.1RC1.  Assuming WTP2.0.1 GA works as well as this one,
> when it comes out, I think we should upgrade our levels and Tim's
> build.xml to move to that level.  It unfortunately seems prudent for
> us to dig into the eclipse WTP community to make sure the parts we
> use
> work.
>
> Ted Kirby
>
> On 9/13/07, Shiva Kumar H R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ted,
> > I see you have updated the version of Web Tools Platform (WTP) to
> 2.0.1 from
> > 2.0. However on
> > http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/ I see that
> > 2.0.1 is not yet released (only RC1 is available). Was it a typo?
> >
> > - Shiva
> >

> > On 9/13/07, Ted Kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > > Looks good.  Thanks Tim.

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658