I agree 2.0.2 should be primarily bug fixes but I don't think it must be limited to only bug fixes. If there are small changes that address customer concerns on security (such as GERONIMO-2925) or usability then I think those can be considered for inclusion. Key is to keep the date Kevan proposed (Friday, 9/21) and resolve any TCK issues.

Joe

David Jencks wrote:
I'm starting to wonder what the goal for 2.0.2 is. I kinda thought that a x.y.z where z > 0 was a bugfix-only release of x.y.z-1 but I think some new features are going into 2.0.2... IIUC Vamsi is applying an enhancement to allow specifying work directory per-web-app and donald is encouraging me to apply my proposal to GERONIMO-2925 to the branch. Though small these are definitely new features.

Personally I would prefer to minimize such feature creep and have more focus on getting 2.1 out in a less than geological time frame, in particular before apachecon atlanta.

What do others think?

thanks