On Sep 25, 2007, at 7:38 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

One thing I've noticed -- the default JNDI name for EJB's has been changed in OpenEJB. So, there is a compatibility issue with 2.0.1. We might be able to configure how OpenEJB generates this default to maintain backward compatibility. Better, IMO, to go ahead and match OpenEJB's behavior.

There are no compatibility issues as it was explicitly set in Geronimo 2.0.1 to be essentially {moduleId}/{ejbName}/ {interfaceClass} (actually it's {deploymentId}/{interfaceClass} and deploymentId will be {moduleId}/{ejbName}). It'll still be the same in Geronimo 2.0.2, just now it can be changed to something shorter.

I'd be fine with Geronimo using the OpenEJB default of essentially {ejbName}{interfaceType.annotationName} (it's {deploymentId} {interfaceType.annotation} where deploymentId defaults to {ejbName}), but it's definitely a default that targets people with just a couple apps. People in bigger environments would have to set the jndiname and deploymentId formats to something less likely to conflict.

-David