Also, the changes in txmanager aren't enough to warrant another components release. The txmanager change was only to fix a misspelling in an exception message...

-Donald

Donald Woods wrote:
Agree.

There are some recent fixes in txmanager and javamail which we should also try to include. The Genesis project should also be updated, as it sets maven-compiler-plugin to 1.4 for the JDK src and targets.

I've got one or two patches that I'd like to get in, which I'm not going to get to until early next week....

If you need help releasing any of the dependent Geronimo artifacts (like txmanager or specs) let me know and I'd be glad to help out on those, so I can start learning the release ropes.... :-)

-Donald

Kevan Miller wrote:
All,
I think it's time to start rolling out a 2.0.2 release. There have been a number of fixes in response to user issues, since 2.0.1. Time, I think, to make these available in a release. We'd also be able to make use of released versions of OpenJPA, Axis2, and hopefully OpenEjb, whittling away at our local builds...

I think we have one must-fix problem that is outstanding -- the MEJB security issue. Assuming we resolve this problem, are there any other issues which must be resolved prior to a 2.0.2 release?

Assuming we're in general agreement, I'd set a goal of creating a release candidate by next Friday (Sept 21). I'm volunteering to be the release manager.

Thoughts?