Gianny Damour wrote:
> You can successfully "distribute" when all the configured cluster
> members are running. If one of them is down, then the installation
> fails. This seems to be a typical scenario - at least based on the
> clustered deployments I have been working with.

Hmmm...I have found this to be different...

I have found that if 1 node in the cluster is bad, it is removed from
the general cluster array (i.e. look at heartbeats and the
joining/leaving of a general cluster).

This is a valid use case.  The 1 server could have a problem with
it...such as network, hardware, etc.  Not clustering due to a bad server
would defeat the purpose of providing for fail over.

> Hence this is the
> simplest implementation possible for this initial stab of clustered
> deployment. Furthermore, as I explained in my email, there is a carbon
> copy of the already backed configuration within the master-repository
> and it is trivial to: either improve the GBean in charge of the remote
> control of configurations; or to add new GBeans in order to
> automatically upload this carbon copy to cluster members which were not
> running upon installation.
>
> Also, you still need to honor my request for heads-up :). If you are
> working on clustering, then could you please provide some headlines?

I am working on the EJB clustering and hope that we can both communicate
on the list when we are committing in this area.

Jeff