Here are some of my thoughts:

1) Tests and testing. We need to write more tests especially
functional tests as a group. I can list a number of cases where simple
changes caused things to break but we didn't find out about it until a
few weeks later. I'm not talking about very complicated tests, just
simple tests to verify the component is still functioning right.

2) Samples. Like Donald mentioned, take better care of them and
release them with each new G release.

3) Reacting to user questions. Create/update documentation (e.g. FAQ)
as soon as the same question is posted twice on the user mailing list.

4) Leverage GShell. Write more useful GShell commands to automate or
reduce the number of manual configuration steps to configure Geronimo
for something. One example: creating/managing G instances.

Jarek