Things that I haven't seen mentioned, yet:

EE 6 -- we should be seeing an initial EE 6 spec, soon. As other projects begin implementing EE 6 capabilities, I expect that we'll be rolling them into Geronimo. There are also new specifications which we may need to implement ourselves. I know that Jarek has looked at the Concurrency Utilities specification (which may be part of EE 6). Hoping he can tell us about that...

Performance -- One area that I think we need to improve is startup time. I think our startup has slowed down, and I'd like to see us speed it up dramatically. We can measure current startup performance and optimize our hot spots. Depending on what we find, we can also investigate algorithmic enhancements.

Monitoring -- I think we need to get a handle on the metrics that can be monitored in Geronimo, document them, and look for areas of improvement.

Logging -- review our current logging infrastructure. Too many components lack appropriate logging capabilities. This makes debug and problem analysis more difficult than it should be. I think we need to start addressing this problem with more. We're debugging too many problems, still.

Plugin development -- I'd like to make it easier to develop plugins. I think we should look into tooling support (Eclipse and Netbeans). I'd also like to simplify the process for administrative creation of plugins (admin console or admin commands).

Server assembly -- We could look at simplifying this process. You currently must have application plugins in order to include application capabilities in a server assembly. Why not export based on one or more installed applications? Also, in addition to our current, low-level module/plugin focus, can we have a simpler/higher-level focus? Some users would rather choose "JMS" rather than "org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/2.1/car", "JSP/Servlet", "Deploy" capabilities, etc.