On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:49 PM, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I'd like to see an example in action before I commit myself but so far I
> don't see any problems with this.  I assume you have already or will soon
> verify this doesn't cause problems with the tck :-)

Fair enough ;-)  I may ping someone, as I've never worked on the TCK so far.

> I wonder if a package name with "osgi" in it somewhere would be more
> appropriate?

Agreed.

> There are some specs (jacc for instance) that use a system property to
> figure out what to create.  I've always thought this was a less than
> brilliant idea and wonder if we can do something similar for those.  I also
> wonder if there is a way to generalize the osgi method so it might work in
> some non-osgi environments.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in
> mind.

I guess you are talking about the PolicyConfigurationFactory in jacc.
I suppose we could extend the mechanism to include searching through
the META-INF/services/xxx stuff instead of simply relying on a system property.
However, the mechanism I'm thinking about is quite specific to OSGi (at least
in its implementation).

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet