Sorry, I meant to say:

On Apr 17, 2008, at 7:11 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

On Apr 16, 2008, at 8:49 AM, David Jencks wrote:

I'd like to see an example in action before I commit myself but so far I don't see any problems with this. I assume you have already or will soon verify this doesn't cause problems with the tck :-)

I wonder if a package name with "osgi" in it somewhere would be more appropriate?

There are some specs (jacc for instance) that use a system property to figure out what to create. I've always thought this was a less than brilliant idea and wonder if we can do something similar for those. I also wonder if there is a way to generalize the osgi method so it might work in some non-osgi environments.

-1 technical veto

These are spec jars and extending the behavior of these jars on an ad hoc basis is bad and possibly violates the licenses of the JSRs they implement.

Regards,
Alan