+higher than I can count :-)

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 23, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

Yo yo... we've talked about this before, though a while ago... but IMO its about time we drop Commons Logging like a rock and move over to SLF4J.

The API is mostly the same, though SLF4J has native support for things like:

   log.trace()

And has additional varargs support for things like:

   log.info("this is my foo: {}", foo)

I can dig up the old email I posted hella long ago if needed, but I think its time to switch over. Its been on the shelf for too long already IMO. I'm ready to start updating things to use the new API, but before I do I want to get a general consensus from the group.

So chime in... failure to chime in means you agree with me :-P

:-)

--jason