Maybe apache is not the place for these archetypes. I don't want users of these archetypes to have to include a NOTICE file crediting apache simply because they kick-started their project by using these archetypes before doing all the customization to actually make them work.

Should I move them to a codehaus mojo?

thanks
david jencks