On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:22 PM, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know why the
>> EditableKernelConfigurationManager.removeGBeanFromConfiguration()
>> marks the gbean with load="false" instead of actaully deleting it from
>> the config store?
>
> I think the (possibly fuzzy) thinking behind this was that there might be
> configuration you didn't want to erase, you just didn't want the gbean to be
> running.
>
> I'm not a fan of adding/removing gbeans from existing configs, so I don't
> think I'd object if you changed this behavior.
>>

>> I was adding and removing network connectors using the console and I
>> saw the gbean added to the config.xml when I added a new connector.
>> However, when I deleted the connector via the console, the gbean in
>> the config.xml just got marked with load="false" attribute. So, I was
>> wondering if there is a reason for it.
>> And on a related note, when I stopped the connector the gbean for it
>> got stopped but that information was not persisted in config.xml and
>> on server restart the stopped connector started again.
>
> this doesn't sound right.

I was looking at this today and the state is definitely not persisted
in the config.xml. But I think the bigger problem is (unless I missed
something obvious) that there is no way to express in config.xml that
a gbean should be loaded but not started. For example, right now if a
gbean for a connector is marked with load="false", the connector will
NOT be listed in the network listener list in the admin console (since
the gbean wasn't loaded into kernel). However, what we want is for the
connector to be listed in the admin console but be shown in "stopped"
state (load the gbean into kernel but do not start it)
So, I think to really fix this issue we would need to start with
changing the attributes.xsd schema file to allow for "start" attribute
or something like that to control whether the gbean should be started
or not.

Jarek