On Jun 21, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:

Which maven repository do I need to pull in the following G v2.1.1 artifacts (if there is any)

org.apache.tomcat:jasper:jar:6.0.14-G614585
org.apache.tomcat:catalina:jar:6.0.14-G614585
org.apache.yoko:yoko-spec-corba:jar:1.0-r646887
org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-spec:jar:1.0-r646887
org.apache.pluto:pluto-portal-driver:jar:1.2.0-G601061
org.apache.pluto:pluto-portal-driver-impl:jar:1.2.0-G601061
org.apache.pluto:pluto-container:jar:1.2.0-G601061
org.apache.pluto:pluto-descriptor-api:jar:1.2.0-G601061
org.apache.pluto:pluto-descriptor-impl:jar:1.2.0-G601061
org.apache.pluto:pluto-taglib:jar:1.2.0-G601061

I just remember I had a bit of a problem pulling in some of the geronimo v2.1.1 used artifacts for this plugin to build smoothly (without manually installing geronimo artifacts as I did). I realize building Geronimo v2.1.1 locally will resolve this but should it really be necessary? Any pointers on how to resolve this is greatly appreciated.

I hope we come up with a better solution for this soon.

AFAIK the shortest solution is:
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1/repository
mvn install

thanks
david jencks

regards
peter petersson

Peter Petersson wrote:
Hi

With the help of David J custom server assemblies document ( http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/custom-server-assemblies.html ) and my experience working with David on the roller plugin I have manage to put together a Liferay ( http://www.liferay.com ) plugin. For now the plugin is with liferay 5.0.1 rc1 on G 2.1.1 and consists of the following maven artifacts

* geronimo-jetty-liferay -- A minimalistic server assembly with the geronimo kernel the lifray jetty plugin and the geronimo console plugin. * liferay-jetty -- The liferay jetty plugin built on the lesslibs liferay-portal war pulling in dependencys like lifray -kernel, - service and -portlet. * geronimo-tomcat-liferay -- A minimalistic server as above but with the liferay tomcat plugin. * liferay-tomcat -- The liferay tomcat plugin as liferay-jetty above but with tomcat.
* liferay-derby -- The liferay derby db backend plugin.
* lifray-portal -- The liferay portal war fetched from liferay and pulled in to a local maven repos. * liferay-portal-lesslibs -- A overlay of the liferay portal war with filtered lib jars making use of some geronimo builtins instead.

The geronimo-tomcat-liferay server seems to work fine but the jetty equivalent has a issue in the login page. When I have ironed out the jetty issue, cleaned up the code, made some additional improvements and put together a simple readme with build instructions ;) I am thinking of wrapping it up and first of all contribute it to the liferay community ( as suggested by david in http://marc.info/?l=geronimo-user&m=121304343919559&w=2 ) to see if they are interested in it for there geronimo integration.

Anny suggestions, opinions, tips or help to pull this together in the best way possible are appreciated.

regards
peter petersson