Hi,

While working on PlanCreator, I initially restarted it after each
modification to the code which is too cumbersome for testing small changes
especially in the JSPs. Thanks to Manu, I realized that there's an easier
workaround to this:-

   1. Modify <geronimo-directory>\var\catalina\conf\web.xml:
      - Set the *development* parameter to *true* in the init-param to
      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
      - Edit (add if doesn't exist) the *modificationTestInterval* to *0*
   2. In the webapp that you intend to modify, find the web.xml and remove
   the servlet-name and servlet-mapping of the jsp you intend to modify and
   test.
   For example, for PlanCreator I edit the
   plancreator-console-tomcat-2.2-SNAPSHOT.car\WEB-INF\web.xml.
   3. Restart the server with these settings in place.

Once this is done, you can modify the jsp in place and hit refresh to test
it. It'll be recompiled each time. I think this is very handy for developing
and testing deployed web applications. Can someone copy this to wiki or
grant me access to it ?

Shrey Banga
Bachelor of Technology, III year
Department of Electrical Engineering