After rebuilding the server I too faced the same problem and on further
inspection I could make out the problem was because the patch GERONIMO-4081
Accessibility issues (at revision: 675083) has surrounded text by <label>
tags, which have a float:left property set in pluto.css which I suppose is
causing the problems. I'm not sure why the float:left is needed in the first
place but in case removing it isn't possible, we could create a separate css
for the console and import it in the affected portlets.

--
Shrey Banga
Bachelor of Technology, III year