On Aug 19, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

David,

I'm confused about something. Let's take framework/configs/j2ee-system
as an example. Its pom.xml defines a dependency on:

       <dependency>
           <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
           <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
       </dependency>

The pom.xml of slf4j-log4j12 defines dependencies on slf4j-api and
log4j. Now, the generated geronimo-plugin.xml has a dependency on
slf4j-log4j12 but it's missing slf4j-api and log4j dependencies. That
does not seem right or I'm missing something.

I'm working on it :-)

This is a mistake I found also. It kinda doesn't matter at the moment because these dependencies are all in the manifest classpath entry pointing e.g. to the slf4j-api jar in lib. If we manage to further trim down lib and increase boot usage of the repo it will start to matter a lot.

I'm working on converting framework/configs to use <useTransitiveDependencies>true</useTransitiveDependencies> but its showing up some problems with how we are computing the maven dependency graph. I'm not sure yet if these are bugs in the maven dependency plugin or how we're trying to use or abuse it.

thanks
david jencks

Jarek