Lin Sun wrote:
Hi Joe,

I am having trouble to understand the difference between what you
propose & what has already been done.

Basically, IIUC, you propose to use a plugin for plugin group, with
the attribute of pluginGroup=true to indicate that is a plugin group.
 This is exactly what has been done today, as we don't differenriate
plugin group any other way other than the attribute of pluginGroup.
If I misunderstand you, could you please give a concrete example?

Sorry ... it had been a while since I last looked at this. I was erroneously thinking that there were still fundamental differences between plugins and plugingroups (such as when plugingroups were jars rather than cars and as a result weren't included in the plugin catalog) ... but these differences have been eliminated. The only significant difference now is the lack of a classloader (which is really controlled by the lack of the plan rather than the presence of the plugingroup attribute) and potential dependency issue when a classloader isn't present.

P.S. I think you were shot down by David because of the complexity of
having plugin groups listed as dependencies on the geronimo specific
plans.

Lin