Donald, thanks for bringing this topic up!

I agree with most of your proposal. I do have several comments though -

* I kind of like keeping the current separation of Server and Service. It's
hard to find a right label for the merged category - "Service" does not
sounds right to me. Hard to find a label is an indication that these two
categories might not be appropriate to merge.

* The Logging portlets are the same kind as the Server information, Java
System Info and the Monitoring portlet. They should go hand in hand.

* Should Derby and HTTP server also parts of the Server catetory? Although
they are not JEE components.

-Jack