Hi JS,
Vamsi generated some doc --
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Installing+the+Tuscany+Plugin+for+Geronimo

Although it's not working for me, at the moment... Vamsi, do those instructions work for you?

More comments below...

On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:40 PM, mobyjobs wrote:

I tried to install the plug in but seeing missing dependency message (as
bellow), not sure what I have missed:

C:\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3\bin>deploy --user system --password
manager in
stall-plugin
i:\workspaces\workspaceGME\trunk\tuscanyPlugin\tuscany\tuscany-tomc
at\target\tuscany-tomcat-1.0-SNAPSHOT.car
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   C:\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   C:\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\tmp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\jre
Checking for status every 1000ms:
Installation FAILED: Configuration
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/tuscany-tomcat/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car is already
installed.
Missing dependency:
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/tuscany-tomcat/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car

I have checked I have all the dependency files in repository; Here are the
steps I followed;

- Installed geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3-bin to c:\
- changed .m2\settings.xml filed to set repository in
geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3 as the default location:  i.e.
<localRepository>c:/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5- 2.1.3/repository/;

You should not be using the geronimo server's repository in this manner -- it's not intended to be a generic maven repository. Just use the default location for your local maven repository (i.e. .m2\repository). Geronimo will copy the necessary artifacts into the server's repository as needed.

Your server is confused because it's trying to install tuscany-tomcat, but there are already artifacts in repository/org/apache/geronimo/ plugins/tuscany-tomcat directory.

- checkout out code for geronimo plug-in  code from
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/tuscany/trunk/
- build the plug-in using 'mvn install' ; build was successful and all the
files copied to repository.
 3. Deploy plugin using the command "<g_install_dir>\bin\deploy.bat
install-plugin tuscany tomcat\target\tuscany-tomcat-1.0-SNAPSHOT.car"

After building, I'd use the admin console to install the plugin:
http://localhost:8080/console/portal/Applications/Plugins

Click "Show Plugins in selected repository", select "Geronimo :: Tuscany Plugin for Geronimo Tomcat" and click the install button (scroll down to the bottom of the screen), then click install again. This should installs the Tuscany plugin and dependencies into my 2.1.4- SNAPSHOT server.

You'll also need the config.xml changes mentioned in
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Installing+the+Tuscany+Plugin+for+Geronimo

Even with these, things don't seem to be working. I can deploy the sample jsp app, but it doesn't seem to be working... Hoping that Vamsi can comment.