On Dec 15, 2008, at 3:45 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

On Dec 15, 2008, at 3:24 PM, David Jencks wrote:
I think this is a great idea. I doubt we can host it at apache..... unless we do something like bsd + harmony (not even sure if that is likely to work)

Thats what I've been realizing... But can we link to it/documented it from apache?

I don't see why not...

We could not release any non-ASF compatibly licensed binaries (e.g. (L)GPL) from Apache. However, this does not prevent us from providing build/configuration support for such an appliance. We could provide instructions on how to obtain incompatible licensed artifacts. Just need to make sure that users understand that their actions may have potential licensing implications.

If the *only* realization of this work requires the presence of (L)GPL artifacts, then, IIUC, it might need to be hosted outside of Apache. This would require some analysis on our part as well as a review on legal-disc...@.

Regardless, assuming the work is useful to Geronimo users, I'd think we'd want to let Geronimo users know about it. We'd do this for any other Geronimo-related works, also... So, I don't see an issue with linking to and describing the project. "Documenting" the project might be another issue...