I wonder if we should think about a 2.2 release based on javaee 5. Trunk has a lot of improvements over 2.1 and I think it would be good for our users to get something out before we do any really major osgi- related refactorings.

It would be great if we could provide javaee 6 previews for the stuff we have done but this seems less essential to me at the moment given the rapidly receding timeline for the ee6 spec.

Stuff that makes plugins a lot easier:

-- transitive dependencies from maven in car-maven-plugin
-- gbean annotations
-- classloader-per-jar (not yet in trunk)

updated external project support:

jaspi support (still needs tck)
jetty 7 (@eclipse, this will now be servlet 2.5 compliant)
activemq 5

potential ee6 features:

openejb ejb 3.1 support
connector 1.6 support
jetty 8 (proposed) servelt 3.0 support
openjpa jpa 2.0 support (??? not sure how far along this is)

I wonder if we can release these somewhat separately as early access plugins.

what do people think?

thanks