On May 20, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

Is your m2 repository in ~/.m2/repository without any other location
defined in ~/.m2/settings.xml ?
It seems pax-exam is broken and only support the local repository in
the default location.  If you do that, it should build just fine.

Ok, understood this sentence, "Do you use the default m2 repository ? That may be the problem" to imply using the default repo was the problem. Which lead me to still wonder what was the right approach.

Not sure what bad state I had in ~/.m2/repository that caused things to fail when I tried with all default settings but trying with a clean repo at ~/.m2/repository vs. -Dmaven.repo.local=tmprepo finally works.

-David