On Nov 10, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

After looking into this some more and discussing it off-line with Jarek I've learned the following:

- It isn't really returning a bogus pom or jar ... it is just returning a redirect. Maven wrongly assumes that this is the actual file that was requested and persists it as such. - Using Maven 2.2.1 (I was using 2.0.10) doesn't handle the redirects any better and so doesn't fix the problem. - For tags/2.1.4 maven 2.2.1 also causes other problems so it's best to stick with maven 2.1.10 of you are building Geronimo 2.1.* - org/apache/yoko/yoko/1.0/yoko-1.0.pom includes a repository list that points to https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/ repositorid of java.net so this is why we are pulling in that repo - If I add the following to my settings.xml for maven I can avoid the redirect (and hence avoid the bogus poms/jars) and get beyond this problem to build Geronimo 2.1.4 using maven 2.0.10.

   <mirrors>
       <mirror>
           <id>java.net</id>
<name>Mirror of https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository /</name>
           <url>http://download.java.net/maven/1/</url>
           <mirrorOf>java.net</mirrorOf>
       </mirror>
   </mirrors>

Thanks Joe! I tried a mirror setting, but must not have gotten the mirror setting correct...