On Jan 25, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Ivan wrote:

1. I saw the empty web.xml file also, I would suggest that even if we really need that file, it should be added by DeploymentContext, not directly write to repository.

2. Thanks for the suggest of using JAXB, I am sure that it would be easy to parse/generate xml file. But how about generating a full jaxb classes for Java EE deployment descriptors. I knew that we have had a XMLBeans version, but I wish that we should replace it in the future. Anyway, I would first try to generate the jaxb classes for web-3.0/ web-fragment/web-common and the required reference types from javaee schema, so that it would keep the effect in the web-builder module.

According to David Blevins you'll want to tweak the generated jaxb classes to get more reasonable classes. Openejb has all of this done for ee5 xsds. I would start with those and see how to update for the schema additions.

Also, we'll need 2 versions of all the naming builders, one for jaxb and one for xmlbeans, until we get everything converted.

I was thinking of doing the same for connectors which have the advantage that they don't call any naming builders.

thanks
david jencks