On Mar 24, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Sangjin Lee wrote:

> Thanks. So it sounds like it will be pretty much a *requirement* that
> applications on 3.0 need to be fully OSGi bundles,

Well, the idea is that the geronimo deployment process will turn your javaee
app into one or more bundles.  We set up defaults for the osgi manifest headers
but you can modify them in your geronimo plans.

> and if you were using the shared lib as part of your classloading scheme you
> will have to convert them all to OSGi bundles.

Jars that aren't part of a javaee application need to be converted to bundles
before installing them.   I guess we could provide a default conversion but
usually this doesn't seem to be adequate in practice.  Do you think this is
going to be a problem for users?

thanks
david jencks