On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a newbi at building geronimo so it could be by lack of knowledge,in that
> case forgive me. I am trying to build the 2.2 branch from source. I am at the
> latest revision (927171) and followed the instructions at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html
>
> I started with an empty maven repository and am running a mvn clean install.
> The build fails with a compilation problem:
>
> /branches/2.2/plugins/connector/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/work/GeronimoWorkManagerGBean.java:[
>
> 38,8] cannot find symbol
> symbol  : constructor
> GeronimoWorkManager(java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,org.apache.geronimo.transact
>
> ion.manager.XAWork)
>
> inspecting the constructors on the GeronimoWorkManager I can see :
>
> public GeronimoWorkManager(GeronimoExecutor sync, GeronimoExecutor start,
> GeronimoExecutor sched, TransactionContextManager transactionContextManager)
>
> and I understand that this is not the expected constructor.
>
> Can anyone explain to me how to fix this problem or tell me what I am doing
> wrong ?

Hmm.

Where are you getting that signature for the GeronimoWorkManager constructor
from? That doesn't match --
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/tags/geronimo-txmanager-parent-2.1.4/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/work/GeronimoWorkManager.java

I just removed
.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-connector/2.1.4 from my
local maven repo and was able to rebuild successfully.

I also see the automated build ran successfully --
http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.2/20100324/build-1400.log

The sha checksum of my geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar is
fa36907547ad3239128a76d515d83fa3ba4f2ff4 which matches
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-connector/2.1.4/geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar.sha1
 The jar file size is 104357

Are you getting a different jar?

BTW, I really hate the way that GeronimoWorkManager is in the same "package" as
GeronimoWorkManagerGBean