On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:37 AM, David Jencks wrote:

I have most of the new j2ca connector functionality working ok, and finding out whether the rest of it works requires mdbs. So I'm going to work on getting openejb running in trunk.

Currently there's a bit of a fight between an osgi extender that registers openejb services set up openejb-style and the same functionality set up through gbeans. Right now I'm dealing with this by disabling the gbean. I can see 3 choices here...

1. disable all the openejb configuration functionality and just use gbeans. This is fairly awkward but what we've been doing so far. I think it tends to obscure some openejb configuration possibilities, but maybe not too seriously.

2. configure openejb using blueprint or xbean-blueprint. Or write a new blueprint namespace handler that deals with the openejb multilevel property files.

3. hook up openejb's native configuration system to osgi config admin.

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure I fully understand the implications of the second two options, but generally I'm on board with anything that works for Geronimo and still allows OpenEJB to function in other scenarios without OSGi.

Just for simplicity sake it would be nice to do things in the Geronimo way, but I get the feeling we're still figuring that out in reference to OSGi. In which case, this might be a good use case for exploring that Geronimo-way question.

What are we going to be doing in regards to Jetty/Tomcat/ActiveMQ configuration?

-David