If we value documentation as much as we value code, then how about this
modification?
-RG

----- current -----
Community
There are x subscribers to the user@ mailing list and y subscribers to the dev@
mailing list.

Although the makeup of the project is diverse, most of the current development
activities are coming from IBM employees.
-

----- change -----
Community
There are x subscribers to the user@ mailing list and y subscribers to the dev@
mailing list.

Although the makeup of the project is diverse, most of the current development
activities are coming from IBM employees. Yet, during this past period, there
have been several non-IBM employees working as contributors to provide
documentation through the project's Wiki.
-