On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:20 PM, chi runhua wrote:

> Kevan, I just did a quick review and please find my comments inline.

Thanks!

> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> If anyone's willing to lend a hand on meeting our project branding
> requirements -- help would be much appreciated. It's the PMCs responsibility
> to insure the requirements are met. But anyone (contributor/committer/pmc
> member) can help us meet the requirements. As a reminder --
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs provides a good overview of our
> requirements.
>
> I've made a few updates to help us to meet more of the requirements. More
> eyes to review would definitely be appreciated. Updates and contributions
> would be quite welcome... From the checklist:
>
> 1) Project Website Basics : homepage is project.apache.org (check)
>
> Reviewed and okay.
>
> 2) Project Naming And Descriptions : use proper Apache forms, describe
> product, etc. (I made some updates, today. Could use review)
>
> Reviewed and okay.
>
> 3) Website Navigation Links : navbar links included, link to www.apache.org
> included (Check. I've made a few updates today for better compliance).
>
> For sub-projects of Geronimo, shall we append Apache Geronimo prefix for all
> of them,  If so, the name might be too long... And the link to GBuild is
> broken.  Is it about the information of nightly build for both server and GEP?

GBuild was/is a distributed build infrastructure. We'll need to investigate why
that link is bad. We need to take similar efforts for our subprojects.

> 4) Trademark Attributions : attribution for all ASF marks included in
> footers, etc. (I've updated a template and appears to be working. Could stand
> for some better formatting. We'll also need to review the whole site).
>
> Still ongoing...  Shall we add the generic trademark attribution  "All other
> marks mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their
> respective owners." to avoid any misunderstanding?

I think we need to be explicit about our sub-projects. I am pretty sure that we
need to add the mark information for other pages (some(?) of which are missing
the footer. There must be multiple templates that need to be updated.
Formatting suggestions are welcome...

> 5) Logos and Graphics : include TM, use consistent product logo on your site
> (This will take some work)
>
> Attach the graphics with TM mark for reference.  It's kinda difficult to edit
> a .gif file directly. You may notice that TM on topleft_logo is kinda
> ugly....   Any suggestions are appreciated.

Better than I would have done... ;-) But would be nice if we could create
something with a little nicer. Also, will need to confirm what is required.

> 6) Project Metadata : DOAP file checkedin and up to date (I've made some
> updates and committed --
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/doap_Geronimo.rdf).
>
> I used RDF validator[1] for rdf validation and there are some error messages,
> not sure about the meaning of that, you comments are appreciated.
>
> [1]. http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
>
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 38, Column = 16]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 43, Column = 16]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 48, Column = 16]
> Error: {E201} Multiple children of property element[Line = 53, Column = 16]

Cool. I didn't create the bad rdf, but i didn't see the problem, either. Should
be fixed up, now...