Hi Romain,
>From a runtime perspective, which in turn would require the build...

>From an EE Container perspective (EE.2.4.1):
"This specification requires that containers provide a Java Compatibleā„¢
runtime environment, as defined by the Java Platform, Standard Edition, v7
specification (Java SE)."

Also, in section EE.6.1.1:
"The containers provide all application components with at least the Java
Platform, Standard Edition, v7 (Java SE) APIs."
"In particular, the applet execution environment must be Java SE 7
compatible."

And, then in the EE.8.3.x sections for the various classloading
requirements across the containers:
"All Java SE 7 API classes."

And, finally in the Additional Requirements section (EE.B.1.1):
"Java EE 7 requires Java SE 7."

I know there are items in the JPA stack that require Java 7.  I just
assumed that Java 7 would be the minimum until I saw your post about the
Java Batch API...

Kevin