Btw, the limit so far has been hit whenever some internal JDK class did return
some javax class. It appears that the JDK ships many old EE parts. E.g. old
common-annotations which still miss @Priority.
Or even worse an ancient javax.transaction package. And then some javax.sql
classes from the JDK return some transaction stuff :(
Here subclassing would make perfect sense as you noted on Twitter. So we could
leave the existing javax.* classes and if we need some change then we introduce
a subclass in a corresponding  jakarta.*. This might work in many cases. But we
need to check if it als works for hierarchies. You cannot add something in a
root class in jakarta as the original,classes would not extend you. Need. A bit
more time to think about that.

LieGrue,
Strub