Is the mahout dependency causing problems?

It would be nice if we could actually implement some of the algorithms that
Mahout does via map-reduce in Giraph's BSP formalism, to show off how it
improves things.  Using the Mahout primitives can show that it's not about
the inner loop implementation, but the framework itself...

--

  -jake