Hi Furqan,

Yes, it baffled me as well. I haven't made any specific performance
optimisation configuration to either of the setups so I think these results
may not be final at this stage and would need further investigation.

The only setting I set for HBase for Apache Gora in the gora.properties
file is:

*gora.hbasestore.hbase.client.autoflush.enabled=true*

For the local HBase setup, I have followed the recommendations here [1] to
avoid any performance issues.

https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/tree/master/hbase098

Basically, the setups are fresh and simplified installations with any major
configuration for optimisation.

Thank you.

**Sheriffo Ceesay**