On 29/07/2013, at 11:18 PM, kelemen <attila.keleme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another thing: Sooner or later the Tooling API should support cancellation.
> Therefore, new API may be designed with cancellation support in mind. Since
> I find cancellation based on thread interrupts a broken concept

Absolutely. Assuming that the action is asking for Gradle to do things on its
behalf via an invocation API, we can throw the appropriate exceptions out of
the invocation API. It makes sense to make the cancellation status available
via this API as well.

We also have the benefit of being able to drop the whole process on the floor
if the action does not behave when the operation is cancelled. Heavyweight,
sure, but easy and robust.

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Co-founder