Hi,

In our team we are migrating from Ant to Gradle and in our Ant build we
determine code coverage using a custom build of Cobertura.

I have given Jacoco a change as being available as build-in plugin, but the
differences are too big.
For now Jacoco does not provide enough options to filter out branched
related to assertions and specific "unreachable" branches in our code.

So I would like to setup Cobertura code coverage detection in our Gradle
build.
Some time ago, I have been experimenting with
https://github.com/eriwen/gradle-cobertura-plugin, but not to full success
at that time. I will check again.

But I would to work on a build-in Cobertura plugin side-by-side with
Jacoco. Then you have a choice which one to use.

How about: generalizing the Jacoco plugin code to a generic java code
coverage plugin base class with two derived implementations, one for Jacoco
and one for Cobertura.

Thanks,

--Mark