Hey Marcin
That's great. If you want to take a stab at a design spec for supporting an
sftp repository transport, that would be a good start. This can go into a
new document: /design-docs/repository-transports.md.

For the first story I think it should be sufficient to simply support a
'sftp://host[:port]' type URL, together with the existing user/password
credentials. But we should probably start thinking about how we can support
other authentication mechanisms as well (for all transports)

We also need to start thinking about how we're going to provide adequate
test coverage for different repository transports. Do we want to run all of
our remote resolution tests against all remote transports, or choose a
subset of tests that would be sufficient for demonstrating a particular
transport behaves correctly? We can probably come up with
a org.gradle.integtests.fixtures.AbstractMultiTestRunner subclass that can
run a set of tests against a defined set of transports.

I'll try to start on a design spec sometime this week, but if you want to
dive in and get started, that would be great.
cheers
Daz