On 22 Mar 2014, at 5:52 am, Marcin Erdmann <marcin.erdm...@proxerd.pl> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Adam Murdoch <adam.murd...@gradleware.com>
> wrote:
>
> Your changes look really good to me. I added some comments on the commit, but
> I think they are all things we can address in later commits. I’d say let’s
> merge this and go from there.
>
> I created a pull request (https://github.com/gradle/gradle/pull/256) and will
> address your comments.

Great, thank you.

>> Some notes:
>> - As suggested I didn't implement a test for publishing to a repo with
>> multiple artifact/ivy patterns.
>> - I decided not to implement a test for generic error handling when "server
>> throws an exception" - I couldn't come up with a way to simulate such
>> situation using current SFTPServer fixture
>
> It becomes important for caching, as we want to remember ‘not found’
> differently to ‘it blew up’.
>
> I suspect you can get an internal failure by throwing an exception out of the
> VirtualFileSystemView.
>
> Ok, I will change SFTPServer to use a VirtualFileSystemView from a field so
> that a different instance can be provided on a per test basis.

I’d expect we’d end up with something like the HttpServer fixture, which allows
the test to set certain expectations about what requests will be made, and also
allows the test to inject failures.

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Co-founder

Join us for Gradle Summit 2014, June 12th and 13th in Santa Clara, CA:
http://www.gradlesummit.com