On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On 18.11.2016 13:45, Daniel Sun wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>       The new parser(Parrot) supports negative relational operators now,
>>> which is proposed by Guillaume Laforge :)
>>>
>>>       Here are some example
>>> codes(https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/blob/ne
>>> gativeRelationalOperators/src/test/resources/core/NegativeRe
>>> lationalOperators_01x.groovy):
>>>
>>> assert 'a' instanceof String
>>> assert 'a' !instanceof Integer
>>> assert 1 <= 2
>>> assert 2 !<= 1
>>> assert 2 >= 1
>>> assert 1 !>= 2
>>> assert 1 < 2
>>> assert 2 !< 1
>>> assert 2 > 1
>>> assert 1 !> 2
>>> assert 1 in [1, 2]
>>> assert 3 !in [1, 2]
>>>

>> I think !instanceof and !in are ok. The others... not sure here. Right
>> now a<b uses the same method as a>=b, which means !< is >=. And in this
>> case I actually prefer >=.
>>

> For instanceof and in, that's nice, but I think it's too cryptic for the
> other ones, which do exist in a different form, as currently !< is just >=,
> as Jochen says.

In terms of "groovy style", I think I'd prefer to have the ! sticking to in
and instanceof.
It might also be less confusing to parse, should we some day add something
like a factorial operator, or some other use for the !

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114130972232398734985/posts>