On 24.01.2017 10:54, Remi Forax wrote:
Also note that in Java
  Integer[] o =  { 3 }; and int[] o =  { 3 };
both work but
  Object o =  { 3 };
does not compile because the syntax '{' '}' with no explicit array type
do inference (and here Object is not an array so the inference fails).

Supporting only explicit array initialization seems to be the right choice !

do if I understand this right parrot will now (after another great change from Daniel Sun) not support Integer[] o = { 3 }.

But I think we could support the cases described here. Only thing we have to do is if the declaring side uses an array type. So I would parse Integer[] o = { 3 } as a declaration with the right side being a closure expression and then transform it to an array init... or fail if the left side is no array type.

bye Jochen