Currently we still include the antlr2 parser in Groovy 3 but it is dormant
unless you turn off the new parser with the flag -Dgroovy.antlr4=false.
We've really only left it there as a porting aid - in case there ends up
being some code that doesn't work with the new parser, there'll be an
interim approach until the code is "ported" to the new parser. When we get
around to thinking about 3.1, we'll probably remove it altogether.

Cheers, Paul.