I like the short notation much better than the long notation.

The /** notation for Javadoc was cryptic 20 years ago but there was no
resistance to the idea. Why not? Because it was such a useful feature of the
language!

I think we all agree that making GroovyDoc available at runtime is a useful
feature. Why do we even need a @GroovyDoc tag?

The /**@ notation makes runtime GroovyDoc a first-class citizen of the
language. This seems much better than requiring an overly verbose @GroovyDoc
tag.

In addition, there is nothing about the long @GroovyDoc notation that tells me
the doc string is retained at runtime. So it isn’t actually clearer...

Remko.

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info