From: Milles, Eric (TR Tech, Content & Ops) <eric.mil...@thomsonreuters.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2019 2:06 PM
To: dev@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Polish the generics type syntax for closure

Agreed.  I'd be open to a side project to migrate eclipse patches back into
core.  Many of them should be able to make the crossing.  There is also the
possibility of conditional code with some sort of signal that it is the IDE,
not the compiler or runtime.

There are a few other needs for the editor that the core would need to provide:

  1.  offsets, not just line and column for AST nodes
  2.  parser recovery so incomplete syntax in one method allows the rest to be
parsed and compiled
  3.  remove assumptions of short-lived processes like compiler and allow for
long-running processes like editor