I'm fairly certain this is the issue - I was able to set up Guacamole + CAS
with my system with the /login on the end and get the 500 error that you're
seeing.  The CAS extension expects that parameter to be the base of the CAS
install, not the login URL, since it not only uses the login redirect but also
does ticket validation against the CAS service.
I think this still warrants a JIRA issue opened - there are two possibilities
that I see that could help others avoid this:- Make sure documentation is
specific enough to tell users where to point it.- Try to do some error handling
in the CAS module to throw meaningful errors when it cannot find the CAS
service.
-Nick

On Monday, July 24, 2017, 8:38:04 PM EDT, Nick Couchman