Harmony team,

There's a bug in the RI's FilterOutputStream that causes exceptions to be
ignored. I'm unsure why they don't have a fix; perhaps they don't grasp how
dangerous this problem is.

  http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6390383

I've attached a program that demonstrates the bug. In order to cause a
FileOutputStream.write() to fail, this lame program only runs on OS X where
it's easy to create and unmount disks programatically. When executed, the
program completes normally despite the fact that the second write fails.

Submitting a fix to Harmony will decrease compatibility with the RI, but in
this case I feel it's justified. Concerns?

Cheers,
Jesse

PS - I'm still waiting on the Apache volunteers to setup my commit access...