On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> That's not to say we shouldn't fix it.  I just thought I'd mention it
> in case anyone else is trying the same thing or in case anyone has any
> other ideas on reproducing on our "supported" platforms.

Have you tried forcibly ejecting a 3.5" floppy? (Or today's equivalent, the
thumb drive?)

The FileOutputStream a red herring. You can create any OutputStream that
throws on flush() and you'll see your exception gets swallowed. It could
also be an FTP stream that's writing to a remote host when the network is
dropped. Or your own subclass that is hacked up to throw on flush.